A comprehensive guide to polycystic ovary syndrome, from a leading authority on the condition One in ten American women of childbearing age is affected by polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) to some degree, and many suffer from serious symptoms, such as infertility, early miscarriage, chronic pelvic pain, weight gain, high blood pressure, acne, and abnormal hair growth.
PCOS is by far the most common hormone imbalance in women of this age group, yet few women understand the threat it poses to their health–or how to prevent it.
In A Patient’s Guide to PCOS, Dr. Walter Futterweit, a foremost authority on PCOS in America, tells women everything they need to know about this condition and how to treat it.
Drawing on his twenty-five years researching and treating the condition and his ongoing long-term study of more than a thousand women with PCOS, Futterweit discusses
• what PCOS is and how it affects your body
• what to eat and how to exercise to control PCOS
• all the treatment options, including the latest drug therapies
• how to reverse PCOS-induced infertility and restore healthy skin and hair
• resources for preventing, diagnosing, and treating PCOS
This comprehensive guide contains everything women need to know about PCOS–from identifying warning signs and seeking a diagnosis to finding emotional support in recovery–to regain their health and resume their lives.