Completely revised and updated 2nd edition! This book is the most comprehensive evidence-based nutrition resource for PCOS. An important book for Dietitians, Nurses, Physicians, Therapists, and other health professionals who work in women’s health, along with women who have PCOS themselves!
It is estimated that 10% of the female population has PCOS. Lifestyle modification of diet and exercise has been established as the preferred method to treat PCOS. Dietitians, because of their unique role in developing long-term relationships with their patients, may be the first to recognize this syndrome.
With this book, the first of its kind, health professionals will gain the necessary knowledge and training to work with the PCOS population:
* Recognize signs and symptoms of PCOS in adolescent and adult patients Learn diet strategies to help women with PCOS improve their fertility, lose weight, and live better lives
* Obtain sample meal plans and resources for patients Learn which nutritional supplements are best to improve PCOS
* Understand the quality of life issues affecting women with PCOS and how they may be at a higher risk for developing eating disorders
* Recognize nutritional concerns that PCOS women have during pregnancy, lactation, and the postpartum period
* Understand the importance of effective diet strategies for women with PCOS as they age
Find it on Amazon: PCOS: The Dietitian’s Guide